Wednesday 22 January 2014

Running the race

Good Morning Girls post today is all about running: I've adapted the thoughts:

1. It’s hard work- I’ll be honest, there were days I wanted to quit, but I’m so glad I didn’t.

2. I have to be intentional.  Running doesn’t just “happen”, nor does getting to know Jesus better.

3. It’s painful. The Word shows me parts of myself I didn't know I had and they ain't always pretty.

4. There are no short cuts- NONE. You have to put in the hard work.

5. It takes time. Time when, if I'm honest, I'd rather be reading a novel, or indulging in a hot bath, or... you get the laziness picture.

6. Having a goal to focus on is important. Perhaps a chapter to read, some verses to memorise, a bible study to attend or a morning set aside...

7. What I wear matters - I can’t run effectively wearing heavy clothes or carrying baggage…it just slows me down. I need to 'throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.'

8. Make sure I stay hydrated - with the Living Water. I can’t run my best race when my body is depleted.

9. It’s more fun to run with friends. We are made for community.

10. It’s important to have a training buddy - I know I would have quit if I didn’t have the accountability of my running buddy.

And so: Hebrews 12:1-3(NIV)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment