Tuesday 7 January 2014

Expectation

Christmas is a time of great expectation and hopefulness.

What do we expect? What are we looking for? How do we SEE? Are we expecting to RECEIVE or to DO?

Renee Stearns says:

When confronted with a situation that’s too big for me to handle, or when frustrated by the sheer injustice of something happening right in front of me, I used to tell myself, “This is not mine to fix.”

Sometimes that helped me remember I’m not always responsible for making everything right. However, sometimes it was an excuse to do nothing.

Do you ever feel that way? Are the problems confronting the world, your community or even your family just too big to get your mind and arms around?

Turn to God’s Word and the reminder that Paul gives us in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (NIV) God has given us the strength we need, to do whatever He has called us to do.

With God’s wisdom and strength, I’m learning to ask: “What is mine to do?”

For me, the answer was to help give a face to the conflict. I know I can’t bring peace to the Middle East, but I can help people better understand that the lives of real men and women, boys and girls – on both sides of the conflict – are at stake. That, I can do.


So, we can expect to do great things with God: let's open our eyes to His possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment