Monday 6 January 2014

Post Epiphany

Those of us who had our own epiphany
some time ago:
months, years, decades... a lifetime
sometimes lose the freshness
of discovering our treasure.

Worse, we replace our treasure
in part with false valuables.

Bob says, in 42 Days of Expectation:
"For you on Jan. 6. Treasure what I should.

Scripture: “for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Matt. 6:21)
Word of Expectation: Your heart is the most important thing about you. It’s the real you, the life granted by God (in His image), destined to live eternally. Your heart has the capacity to hold onto things with affection. Right now, your heart has attached itself to a “treasure.” Jesus counsels us to place eternal valuables in your heart today. As you spend this day, try to be aware of what you are treasuring. Try this question: What people or things do my thoughts drift toward without conscious effort? (Is it using up more heart-space than I give God?)

Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your Spirit knows my heart better than I do. Show me what I am treasuring. May You be my greatest valuable. Guide my affections away from fool’s gold. Purify my heart today. Amen.

By Bob Rasmussen who writes at www.RobertERasmussen.com

But Mary kept all that had happened in her heart, thinking often about this Treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment