Thursday 5 March 2009

Strength

Thoughts in the context of our school inspection next week seem to be dominating - I wonder why?! Interestingly, my small group prayed for me that I will do everything not in my own strength, but in the Lord's. That would be great! Certainly, after having been quite chilled about it all I am now beginning to wonder when I will be able to get everything done before next Tuesday. It certainly seems as if time, at least, is running out and with it,the strength to get everything done and dusted.

I was amused to see a 'follow on' verse from yesterday, just a couple of chapters after the Israelites were encouraged to hurry out of Egypt. Safely out of harm, God's people were so excited by how God had saved them that they were inspired to sing:

The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2


Or, as The Message puts it:

God is my strength, God is my song,
and, yes! God is my salvation.
This is the kind of God I have
and I'm telling the world!
This is the God of my father—
I'm spreading the news far and wide!

No comments:

Post a Comment