Wednesday 11 March 2009

Grass. Grass?!?

For some reason, while praying and thanking God for keeping me calm through a period of, potentially, great stress, I thought of grass. Grass? How weird is that? The common thread seems to be an ungodly double ss spelling.

Anyway, I looked up grass on... yes, www.biblegateway.com. These verses caught my eye.

God says
Listen, O heavens, and I will speak;
hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching fall like rain
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants.
I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.
(Deuteronomy 32:1 - 4)

New grass, coming up green in the springtime. Isaiah 51 reminds us that we are just like grass - dependent on God for our very lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment