Wednesday 9 September 2015

Paul reflects on the effects of his meeting with Christ

Galatians 1:11 - 17
Paul tells of how he persecuted the Christians as a well-born, zealous Jew: he was their enemy:  And then: "But even before I was born, God had chosen me. He was kind and had decided to show me his Son, so that I would announce his message to the Gentiles. I didn’t talk this over with anyone. I didn’t say a word, not even to the men in Jerusalem who were apostles before I was. Instead, I went at once to Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus."

That Damascus road experience. Wow. So awesome, so beyond words that he had to be alone to digest it all, to get to know this Jesus who he was persecuting.

My response, I'm inclined to think, would have been to rush off to friends to tell them all about it.

We sing of God's praises - to be overwhelmed with his presence would be more than I could bear...

No comments:

Post a Comment