Monday 7 September 2015

Galatians 1:6 - 9

So there we were - basking in God's love and mercy and grace and peace and all in our garden of belief is lovely....the gospel, the good news, saves us and restores our relationship with God and what more could we want?

And yet.... they turned away. Paul's exasperated diatribe reveals his shock and astonishment.

When I hear of folk slipping away, no longer attending church, living lives of selfishness, I just feel sadness tinged with inevitability.

And yet... this could be me, too: "You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News"

I take comfort in Paul's prayer of protection: that he has prayed that anyone who preaches a different message from the Gospel will be punished!  Not that I wish that on anyone, but it helps me concentrate on keeping focused on the Truth.

On Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment