Tuesday 8 September 2015

Pleasing God, not men...

Galatians 1:10
"Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant."

Cross references:
Matthew 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Romans 1:1
Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God--
1 Corinthians 10:33
even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
Ephesians 6:6
Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.
Philippians 1:1
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all God's holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
1 Thessalonians 2:4
On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.

I fall into the trap of thinking that if I please God, then people will be pleased and like me and all will be comfortable and well.

And that does indeed often happen, because God's way is good and lovely and perfect and good and lovely behaviour changes the atmosphere and the culture and makes everyone feel more comfortable and happier and it's all good, good good....

But sometimes in my world the good God way goes against the culture and people aren't happy. Love God Greatly talks about this, too...
"when pleasing man trumps pleasing God, we have a serious problem on our hands....Ultimately, you and I live for an audience of One. God is our ultimate authority, and the gospel is our primary message.

Will we speak the one and only gospel in an effort to magnify the One who died to save our souls? Or will we hold back absolute truth, cowering under the pressure of pleasing man over pleasing God?

There’s a lost world in need of the gospel – people that we will interact with even this very day. Jesus, give us opportunity and your strength to boldly proclaim that YOU are the only way…"


Let me remember God first God first God first first first....FOCUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment