Friday 29 March 2013

An unjust Friday

Today, I am proud to say I am posting SOMEWHERE ELSE!  A few months ago Ed over at inamirrordimly.com invited guests to post on the subject of 'doing justice'.  Click here to read it.

Ed is a real writer. He writes books and articles.
I write sporadically. For me. When I have time. 

Somehow, I found myself writing a few words and submitting them.
'Fine,' said Ed - or words to that effect. He was very gracious. He didn't even know me.
'Sign up,' said Ed. So I did.
  
March 29th was the next available slot, so I duly filled in the details, stored my little piece carefully away, and wrote a note on my calendar to remind me a couple of days before.
BUT...

March 29th is now today. Good Friday. A 'God Free' Day, when the world turned black, anguish reigned and it seemed - oh, how it seemed - that God had turned his back on the best man who ever lived.

A day of injustice.

A day when I am trying to write about Micah 6:8: "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God?" (The Amplified Bible)

As I ponder the terrible events of that day, I recognise that all my little heaps of trying to act justly, or being kind, are nothing compared to the perfection and sacrifice that is Jesus. For we are reminded that "... Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." 
"This is how we’ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us." (Ephesians 5:2, 1 John 3:16)

There seems no 'justice' in that sacrifice. 

How can I dare to write on such a day as this?  Because it IS a GOOD day. The day that God showed us once and for all how much we matter to him. "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ." (Ephesians 2:13, NIV)

I am indeed truly humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment