Sunday 3 February 2013

Proverbs 31: 15 - 16, and other verses too.

I wrote this reflection while studying Proverbs 31 -   a chapter I had always found DIScouraging as I compared myself to the Perfect Wife and found myself sadly lacking!

Pr.31:15, Psalm 5:3, Mark 1:35 - The Message says She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day.
Oh dear, all about getting up early! About not being lazy or lying in bed... I'm sure we all do this, but I also hope everyone is getting a break over this long weekend!
http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/2012/06/the-proverbs-31-woman-week-4/

Food for thought: From Women Living Well: "the Proverbs 31 woman has a dream – she dreams of planting a vineyard – so she considers, buys and plants a vineyard.

Do you have a dream? Follow the Proverbs 31 method of pursuing it.
1. Consider – take time to pray and think through your plan. Consider if this is best for your family in this season of life. Talk to your husband and let him lead you in the decision making process.
2. Buy – in order to buy you must first save. Patiently save the money you will need to make this project happen.
3. Plant – the Proverbs 31 woman put muscle to her dream. She worked diligently to plant her vineyard. In the same way we are going to have to diligently work day in and day out to see fruit from our labor."

OK, so a few things here which might not apply - a dream does not necessarily consist of 'buying' in the normal sense, though we might have to 'buy' some time to fulfil it...and 'talk to your husband' would mean talk to whoever could be affected by our actions...still, I like the interpretation. This verse otherwise makes it sound as if we should all be farmers or property developers!!

So, on these thoughts...as I take time to reflect with Anne Le Tissier in January's Woman Alive magazine....I consider my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment