Friday 3 February 2012

Created for Good Works

A great post from Jen at Good Morning Girls.  I have struggled with the study this week, for reasons which are essentially nothing to do with the verses, but nevertheless found it difficult. This post has crystallized the meaning for me - I particularly loved the 'zombie' analogy!, which says we are all 'living dead' but are now alive because of Jesus.
Jen reminds me that we are created for good works and good works are created for us: For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.(Ephesians 2:10 ESV)  Although I am not in the place of having the chores and joys of young children in my life, yet this post is an inspiring reminder to 'do everything for the glory of God' (1 Peter 4:11 says: If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.)  1 Corinthians 10:31 in The Message says: do everything...heartily and freely to God's glory.#
Every.Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment