Thursday 2 June 2011

Feeling invisible...

Bonnie over at Faith Barista has a jam on 'encouragement'. She says 'No matter how old we get or how strong we’ve grown, we can all use encouragement.
We all find ourselves stuck in hard places –
– we wonder if anyone notices.
– we wonder if anyone cares.' 

So yes, I guess I agree that it is at times when I have felt most 'invisible' that encouragement has mattered most to me.
I'm going through a period of invisibility in my workplace at the moment.
I haven't felt encouraged. (Yet. It will happen sometime. Probably - certainly - when I'm not looking for it.)

So it occurred to me, today, just before reading Bonnie's post and all the wonderful comments that followed, that to be encouraged is a little like 'to have a friend, be a friend.' So to be encouraged, I need to actively look for ways of encouraging others. I like to think I do this normally, but when feeling invisible it is just that little bit harder.

So this faith jam has been an encouragement, a prod to get going and encourage others. Great!

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought of "to be encouraged, I need to actively look for ways of encouraging others." It is so true! Thank you for this reminder! Coming over from the Jam session!

    ReplyDelete