Monday 1 May 2017

Rest. The beginning.

I've said that I would take part in promoting Bonnie Gray's new book. Whispers of Rest, and am part of a facebook group, following on Instagram and Twitter, and getting daily emails.

It's all about Rest. Quite honestly, I feel too busy and frazzled to do it. I just don't have the time and energy to go to the effort of resting. How bizarre is that?

Someone on facebook talked about savouring a cup of coffee. Pausing. Taking a moment of rest, even though she had been so distracted that even when reading her daily devotional she was "Scarfing down words"...well, yes, that's me as well. I have so much going on that the prospect of HAVING to rest seems exhausting! One more thing to do! I'll think of this lady, though, when I too am pausing over that first morning cup of coffee tomorrow. I'll choose my special cup, blue and yellow Portuguese china, which my friend Lisa gave me, and pause and rest. I think this 'enforced rest' is going to be just what I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment