Tuesday 21 April 2015

Humble yourself

1 Peter 5:6 - 7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you....So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.
He is most careful of me.

Reading Bridget Plass's book 'The Apple of His Eye', she reminds me of how urgently Jesus wants me to know that the Father loves me. ME. I am the apple of his eye, a treasured possession...

Talking this morning about life's failures and disappointments, I am reminded again that God just wants my 'holy' above all else. And if I have to be humbled to get that 'holy', and if being humbled doesn't, at the time, make me happy - well, that is OK.

Indeed, how could being humbled make me happy? Who, in their right mind, likes to be humiliated? Even the thought of it makes my insides cringe. 

So if I can be humble to avoid being humiliated...well, that sounds like a GOOD THING.

No comments:

Post a Comment