Thursday 14 July 2011

Faith

Faith Barista's Thursday Jam is about Faith. Last week, Bonnie blogged that "The truth is, your faith in Jesus holds extraordinary value to Him....It doesn’t matter how small our faith is. What matters is that we use whatever faith we have. It doesn’t matter how little of it we have to give."
And so here I am, back to small things again. And again. Because my faith feels very, very, very small.
I can't get my head round Jesus talking about if I had faith 'as small as a mustard seed'. It's a bit like talking about trying to 'bottle' enthusiasm, or joy, or affectionate behaviour, or...well, you get my drift. Faith is intangible - but is it immeasurable or unquantifiable? Jesus commented that some people had great faith, others little...it's a mystery.
But this I know about faith. That Jesus is faithful. As Bonnie says:  '...remember Jesus is faithful. 
to create something beautiful in you.
bring life to others through you.
to carry you to safety.
to make a way you cannot see.
to put you back together again.
to return laughter where you taste sorrow.
to give you courage to start over (again and again).
to use every loss and every triumph for His glory.'
And this I also know: 
that, however 'big' or 'small' my faith seems to me, it
sets me right with God
makes me fit for him
gives me peace with him
gives me his grace
rests on God's power
and is what I should live for.
My faith doesn't 'feel' big, but I know what I hope for, indeed. I'm certain of that.


For more on faith, visit Faith Barista's post Facing What You Fear to Live a Significant Life

No comments:

Post a Comment