Thursday 3 December 2015

Waiting for perfection

Hope. Hope for...
something better,
suffering's end,
happiness.

We want perfection. We want no more pain, no more suffering, no more tears, no more mourning...no problems, no troubles, no hindrances, no annoyances...

Perfection not available this side of heaven.
We hope, we long for it, because God "has also set eternity in the human heart". He puts questions in our mind about the past and the future. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Psalm 42 puts it like this: "These are the things I go over and over, emptying out the pockets of my life.
I was always at the head of the worshiping crowd, right out in front, Leading them all,  eager to arrive and worship, Shouting praises, singing thanksgiving—celebrating, all of us, God’s feast!

Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God
soon I’ll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
He’s my God.

When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse
everything I know of you,
...God promises to love me all day,
sing songs all through the night!
My life is God’s prayer."


And so Louie Giglio reminds us of hope. Reminds us to fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfector of our faith...

We wait. We wait for perfection. We wait for eternity. We wait for the Promise of Eternal Life.

We wait for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment