Sunday 4 October 2015

Children of a loving father God

Galatians 4:8 - 9

"Before you knew God, you were slaves of gods that are not real. But now you know God, or better still, God."

Don't let myself be deceived, distracted, discouraged, disheartened by deviation and diversion...my life in God is not about what I do, the rules and regulations I keep, but about who I am... a child, a daughter, of my loving heavenly father who wants nothing more but a close relationship with me...

And so: "Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.

... The moment any one of (us) submits to .. any...rule-keeping system, at that same moment Christ’s hard-won gift of freedom is squandered. ...

...When (we) attempt to live by (our) own religious plans and projects, (we) are cut off from Christ, (we) fall out of grace. Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love." (Galatians 5:1 - 6, The Message)



No comments:

Post a Comment