Monday 23 April 2012

Prayer and reflections

Just some thoughts from yesterday: I've had the phrase 'my soul clings to you' on my mind these last couple of weeks. We had Psalm 63 in our service yesterday evening and then I 'happened' upon it this morning...not a coincidence.
I know that true happiness and contentment is found when my soul clings to Jesus.

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night. 
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63, NIV


Be still
for the presence of the Lord, the Holy One,
is here.
Eternal One, I contemplate your awsomeness, your limitless power which flung stars into space.
You are too magnificent for me to understand.
So I gaze at your son, Jesus.
The enormity of his sacrifice leaves me breathless.
Jesus, I thank you for the cross.
Help me live my life in thankfulness.

Thank you for our world - beautifully made by you, broken by our sin.
By my sin.
I pray for  healing and restoration. So many places.
So many relationships.
Let me be...
giving
restoring
healing.
Let me see the beginning of new things.
Let it start with me.

My soul clings to YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment