Tuesday 16 February 2010

Becoming a Christian community

Everywhere I look these days I seem to be challenged to live more...Christianly. Not so much my inward life - though Heaven knows that needs improving - but my outward, lived-with-other-people, life. My life in church, and out of church. My life at work in my work and at work in my church. My communal life.

I read books talking about post-modernity, and reaching those with language they understand. Books that remind me of how the reader filters meaning - often wrongly - from the written word, so that the reader hears what she wants to hear, not necessarily what is meant.

I read blogs talking about prayer, and discipleship, and faith. And community.

This is the latest: a summary of a new book by Tim Morey called Embodying Our Faith: Becoming a Living, Sharing, Practicing Church, (IVP Books, 2009).

This blog is fast becoming a library index.

Meanwhile, my mind mulls over a myriad of ideas, my heart considers promptings and my spirit prays desperately to make sense of it all. To know where, and how, I am being led. And to discern where I am being misled with distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment