Wednesday 5 August 2009

Being real

A week or so before New Wine I listened to a series of talks by Jay Pathak, a Vineyard pastor working in Denver. The emphasis was on being REAL: talking about Jesus, not hiding behind 'church' or even 'Christianity' but by just talking openly about Jesus - who he was, what he did, why he died...

The underlined comments from the first evening at New Wine were reminders of this:

I need to rediscover an ease of talking about Jesus, being natural. The words 'church' and 'christian' are so often barriers to belief.

I need to be so GRATEFUL to Jesus for all that he has done that I can't stop talking about him!

I need to fall in love with Jesus all over again - because HE is the alpha and the omega...

There is no one else like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment