Wednesday 6 May 2009

Be careful of the body

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 (New International Version)

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body.

This is how the Message puts the last verse: The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.

This is about sexual sin but for me, it also applies to good health. In my book, that means taking enough exercise, rest and eating the right food.

I don't honour God with my body as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment