Thursday 23 April 2009

The body’s response to God – his power and glory

David, in Psalm 63 (v1 - 7), echoes the individual's response to God:

O God, you are my God,earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.


Can we echo this as a church?

Earnestly look for him
Long for him
See him at work in mighty power
Can't stop talking about how wonderful he is
Wave at him in excitement
Say that nothing else will do, nothing else will satisfy us but to have him here with us.
Sing with happiness because he is near


Is he our superhero?

No comments:

Post a Comment