Monday 18 December 2017

Do.Not.Fear. It is GOOD news!

"There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God’s angel stood among them and God’s glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you’re to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger.”

At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God’s praises:

Glory to God in the heavenly heights,
Peace to all men and women on earth who please him.

Luke 2:8 - 12

Good news came through a fearful experience.
Who would not have shared the shepherds' terror
at this supernatural, other-worldly, incomprehensible occurrence?
Not just one random angel, either,
but a whole bunch of them. Terrifyingly bright and fearsomely beautiful.

Fear. Of the unknown.
How often do I fear because I do not know?

I do not know the facts.
I do not know how someone feels.
I do not know God loves me so much that I have no need to fear even when I Do Not Know.

Because He loves me.

Look up to heaven.
Hear the angels' joyful message.
Share in the wonder at God's glory.
Experience His peace.
Accept the Gift.

Be not afraid.
Do not fear.
All that is needed
Is Knowledge of the 
One True Saviour.

Accept His Gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment