Sunday 9 December 2012

Advent thoughts: Love...

While reading about how much God loves us, I've also been reading about communities who know how to love God so much that worship and thankfulness permeates every aspect of their daily lives. There is no distinction between 'human' and 'religious' activity. ‎There are 3 things for disciple makers to focus on. Knowing (head), Being (heart), and Doing (hands).
Praying that I will live more and more in the presence of God's love. 'This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...'. Let this be more than just words this Advent!
Studying 'love' in Advent with Good Morning Girls, one of the reflections reminded me that:
‎"God's love is unearned.
God's love is gracious.
God's love is unchanging."

I love these verses from Psalm 119:105 - 106:
By your words I can see where I’m going;
they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back
...from living by your righteous order.

But then it carries on: "Everything’s falling apart on me, God;
put me together again with your Word."

We certainly need God's light when it all falls apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment