Tuesday 9 November 2010

Goodies!

I've had a bad cough for a couple of weeks, so once I woke at 5.30 today, I knew there was no chance of going back to sleep again. So, what a blessing this morning has been!  Just checking my emails before going to work, I found a wonderful devotion by Lynn Cowell over at Proverbs 31 ministries.
Teaching the truth of Jesus' call to 'Follow me' -which we can only do one step at a time rather than planning out a whole itinerary of Planes, Trains and Automobiles - is a timely reminder. I am the original Mrs Worry (though better than I used to be). I could say much more, but it's probably better just to read Lynn's words!  I'll ask my prayer partner to keep me reminding me 'just one more step' when I'm sharing the current load of anxieties!

Looking at Lynn's website had the added benefit of a previous post 'How far is too far?' where she said: "There is a problem with that question. It's the wrong one. The real question should be, "How close can I get to Jesus so that all that is around me, all the temptations, fade?"
That is a message which isn't just to do with teen sex but resonates in all areas of life: just this week I have been challenged that everything I do should be a 'good' answer to the question: how can this bring me closer to God?

Lovely start to my day. I just hope all these links stay working - an easy reference library rather than trying to rely on my memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment