Thursday 26 February 2009

Words for Lent

I decided for Lent I would focus on a bit from the Bible every day and email it to friends - the idea being that I can't be lazy and get out of it!

I chose this today, after singing a lovely hymn in assembly at school. I was just imagining the mountains 'rocking' to music and the trees - I somehow picture them as tall, slender African women - swaying and clapping their hands in time!

Isaiah 55:12-13 (New International Version)

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

I also liked the idea of beauty growing in the place of destruction, and lasting for ever. A wonderful image of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment