Tuesday 12 March 2019

Lent. Communication.

Learning to use time wisely, I sometimes feel it is a waste if time to do little projects just because I want to do them.

Take the tray I plan to restore, for instance.

I have long wanted a larger tray and found one in a junk shop recently. It needs stripping down and repainting. Then I plan to create a collage with some old maps. I might even start today on my return from school.

Yet a little part of me feels guilty. I don't need to do it. Perhaps I should be using my time in other ways: good works of some kind, or dedicated prayer.

No. Working creatively - restoring a piece of junk, crocheting a baby toy, cooking or baking, colouring a doodle on a journal page - all these free my spirit to worship as I work.

It is not a waste of time, but an exercise in becoming more aware of God and his amazing creative presence in my life.

An awesome use of time. Pity I have to go to work in half an hour.

Time to get creative in the way I dress, perhaps....!

No comments:

Post a Comment