Monday 10 June 2013

Huh?


7464_573723249333956_307863961_n

After blogging about a minor difficulty which turned into a major personal crisis - God getting my attention - I came across Psalm 118:6 as part of my Good Morning Girls study:
"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
Hmmm... my whole conversation the day before had been about a tricky relationship and my fear of confrontation and of opening cans of worms and more unpleasantness and more fear.... etc etc.
I gradually recognised that I was under severe spiritual attack. In a few days time, I will gather with a group of friends for a 'time out' morning with God. I will share a few thoughts, as I do for breakfast once a month, then we will have quiet time on our own.
I've never organised anything like this before, so it's a bit scary.

I'm starting our reflection with verse 19 from Psalm 18: He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”
We are setting time aside to be in a ‘spacious place’ - sparked by Alie Stibbe's great book of the same name - at a beautiful local retreat centre. Just meeting together to listen to God in a quiet place.

Yesterday, I only managed to read the one verse in the Good Morning Girls study which we were to concentrate on with the SOAP method: Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer. Today, I caught up with the whole reading, and the memory verse. Guess what it happened to be? 

Yes, it was "When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid."

So, as I feel 'hard pressed' I need to remember Whose I am and what He has called me to do. 

I need to remember He loves me and that is what matters above all else. 

I need to remember that, because of His love, all I need to do is LOVE HIM BACK.
I need to remember that, though I am in a battle, the LORD is with me; I will NOT be afraid.

I haven't enjoyed the last couple of days: yet I am thankful that the Lord has hung on to me tightly, brought me back from the cliff edge and given me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment